Primary School Sport Premium 2019 – 2020
The government is providing additional funding to primary schools in order to improve the provision of physical education and sport. This funding is ring-fenced, meaning it will only be spent on sports and PE. At Victory we are working closely with The London PE & School Sport Network to extend the sport and PE provision we already provide.
We aim to establish a long lasting, sporting culture that:
- is inclusive of all; enabling and encouraging all children to play and enjoy sport
- develops outstanding teaching and learning in PE, through curriculum design and training staff
- involves outside specialists in training and developing all staff
- involves outside specialists in providing extra-curricular sporting opportunities, including after school sports activities
- provides exciting and stimulating resources and sporting equipment
- provides opportunities for inter-school competitions and for competitions within school
- provides opportunities for the development of children who are particularly talented in different sporting disciplines
We recognise that sports and PE have many benefits that can have a positive impact on a child’s happiness, health and success. Some of these include:
- the health benefits of exercise and adopting a healthy lifestyle
- the positive mental benefits of exercise
- personal goal setting
- self discipline
- team work and negotiation
- a sense of identity and belonging
We evaluate the impact of all initiatives undertaken to ensure the maximum benefit of the funding.
VISION – We strive to ensure that all pupils leaving our school are physically literate with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to lead a healthy lifestyle, and hopefully pursue a lifelong participation in physical activity and sports.